Maintaining a strict diet and workout routine can be challenging. It takes effort, mental strength, and willingness to continue. It can get even more challenging when your daily snacks and junk food need to be cut out. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and that comes with a healthier body.
Nobody said it would be easy, but if life has taught us anything, it would be the hard stuff that is definitely worth doing. This boils down to how determined you are to change your life. We see role models like our favorite movie stars battling against all odds to get the best physique.
These celebrities have built a reputation for having a solid diet while staying in shape. Besides looking good on camera, the intensity of their roles and long hours of shooting can be quite demanding. So how do they do it? Let’s explore some fitness routines of some famous celebs.
Dwayne Johnson, also known as “The Rock”, is well known for being in the WWE franchise. His career progressed to cinema stardom, featuring in many popular movies such as Fast & Furious, Jumanji The Next Level, The Scorpion King, and more. Besides being a brilliant actor and performer, Dwayne has gained plenty of fame for keeping his body in tip-top shape.
He does this by following a diet plan and workout routine. Dwayne Johnson diet involves keeping bulked up by eating up to 5000 calories ( 5 or 7 meals routine) depending on the movie role he takes on. In addition, his daily intake includes one protein shake, while the rest involves:
- One protein like an 8-10 ounce steak, 8-ounce salmon, two servings of chicken, or an 8-10 ounce cod.
- His starch items are 2 cups of oatmeal (always with his breakfast meal), 2 cups of rice, 12 ounces of baked potatoes, or 12 ounces of sweet potatoes.
- He always includes either veggies (1 or 2 cups), eggs (mostly egg whites), or both in his meals.
Dwayne works out different body parts depending on the day of the week and always starts with 30-60 minutes of cardio.
- Day 1: Trains the upper body and chest.
- Day 2: Works out his legs.
- Day 3: Focuses on his back and traps.
- Day 4: Works out his shoulders and upper body
- Day 5: Trains his legs again.
- Day 6: Shifts attention to his arms and abs.
- Day 7: He rests.
Born in Camarillo, California, Kaley Cuoco started her acting career at a young age. The star has taken part in many popular movies and series and is famously known for her roles in The Wedding Ringer, The Big Bang Theory, and The Man from Toronto. The smart, witty, and charming actress has landed many roles not only for her performances on the screen but also because she takes care of her appearance.
As demanding as her life may seem, many would wonder how the actress stays fit and in shape. In a 2022 interview with Women Health Magazine, Kaley mentioned that her go-to protein is salmon, while the rest of her intake is primarily plant-based.
Let’s take a good look at what Kaley Cuoco diet and workout routine is like.
- Kaley’s breakfast involves oatmeal, fruits, peanut butter, and juice, giving her the much-needed energy and protein to start her workout.
- Her lunch consists of fish, potatoes, and salad. Fish is known for improving metabolism and mental focus. Potatoes and salad are perfect for nutrition and weight loss.
- For dinner, Kaley enjoys various meals that use tofu, which is accompanied by salmon, beans, salad, and lentils. Tofu has multiple benefits and is rich in potassium, calcium, iron, and magnesium.
Kaley starts her workout with good stretches as a warm-up. She has three different sets of training (circuits) that target her abs, lower body, and overall body weight. She rotates these circuits to keep things fresh and interesting. One of the circuits involves close-grip push-ups, squat jumps, mountain climbers, and planking. She also likes to do yoga.
Donnie Yen is a highly skilled martial artist that has taken his craft and acting prowess to the big screen. Besides being a well-trained fighter, the star has performed in many popular movies, including Ip Man, Rogue One, Once Upon A Time In China 2, Mulan, and many more.
At a young age, Donnie Yen was trained in the discipline of martial arts by his mother. This led to mastering even more fighting styles, including Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Judo, and Wing Chun. It might surprise you to know that Donnie Yen is 59 years old.
While looking healthy, strong, and youthful at that age, anyone would be itching to know his secret. A big part of his diet is staying away from meals that are packed with calories as well as really spicy foods. Donnie Yen Diet–
- Donnie Yen’s regular breakfast has toast, fish balls, and a side of fried rice with vegetables. However, if he has a busy day, he would choose a slightly meatier option with eggs, sausage, and fruit.
- He has a meal that is not overly heavy for lunch, like chicken matzo ball soup with a corned beef sandwich. He also tries not to overindulge in red meat when eating.
- Dinner has a variety of sorts depending on his mood, but the main items are rice, vegetables, and seafood. He eats five meals daily in parts that make up 100 percent of his daily intake.
He trains for 3-5 days a week, much of which involves different workouts but mainly focuses on shredding. Donnie Yen starts with yoga or stretching and includes 20-30 minutes of roadwork and 10-20 minutes of hitting the punching bag as a warm-up. He alternates between a day of strength, endurance, core, and breathing exercises and then a day of mixed martial arts and intensity training.
Why Do Movie Stars Train So Hard?
They want to be the best possible version of themselves. Being on the big screen is no easy feat and requires plenty of endurance and mental focus. They are passionate about what they do and put their heart into it daily.
In every film they take part in, they want to look back with no regrets and, at the same time, look at the areas they can continuously improve. Sometimes their character requires them to be skinny or bulky. That is the nature of being a movie star.
All celebrities have different recipes for success and have found what works best for them in the long run. Eating healthy is good, but nobody will blame you for having a cheat day if you keep a strict routine.
When it comes to performers like Dwayne Johnson, Kaley Cuoco, and Donnie Yen, they know what it takes to keep a body that performs in peak condition. This is especially true for athletes that have built their careers by pushing themselves to the limit.
When doing any workout involving equipment like dumbbells, stationary wheels, or barbends best rated treadmills, always consult a professional before you begin. Also, if there are any adverse effects when eating particular foods, talk to a doctor about how to proceed effectively with your diet.